One concept in self-development that I learned from motivational speaker Tony Robbins is the concept of asking the right questions. The concept, brilliant in its simplicity, is that the questions you ask yourself frame the responses you will eventually provide yourself.
If you ask yourself why does this keep happening to me then your brain is going to provide you an answer to that question — and the answer will most likely not be one that empowers you.
If you ask instead what can I do better next time or what can I learn from this experience, your brain will find an answer for that too, and it will be an answer that drives you forward.
The power of questions works in all areas of life — personal and business. So, in that spirit, here are 5 questions you can use to help you create or strengthen a customer service mindset:
- How can I show my customers that I am thankful for the business they give me?
- How can I support my team’s ability to deliver Hero-ClassTM Customer Service?
- How can I show my team that I appreciate the work they do for me?
- What can I do today to improve my customers’ experiences?
- What can I do this month to create extraordinary long-term value for my customers?
I hope the above questions get your creative juices flowing.
What questions can you ask to create an extraordinary customer service mindset?