Welcome to the Monthly Mash, a mashup of tools, tales and tips on customer service and the customer experience from around the blogosphere.
Volume 14: December 2012
Customer Service Resource: Bill Quiseng’s Facebook Page
We’re starting off the first Monthly Mash of the new year with a bang! When we speak about customer service resources, we have numerous options: software or tools, more specific resources (like a customer service training library), or more general, inspirational resources — Bill Quiseng’s Facebook page falls into that third category.
Bill has perhaps the most active FB page in the customer service sphere. Bill adds tremendous value through a wide variety of regular content and interaction. Here are a few of the great things Bill shares regularly:
Qui Quote of The Day. Bill posts a wide variety of quotes ranging in source from Albert Einstein to John Wooden to Goldie Hawn. Today’s quote from Jeffrey Gitomer gives a sense of the type of material.
“The president, CEO, or owner of your company does not pay you. He or she is just a conduit for funds. The customer pays you. The boss just writes the checks for money put in the bank by customers. It’s not your boss you need to be afraid to make angry… it’s your customer.”
Curated Customer Service Content. Bill regularly curates and shares a wide variety of quality content related to customer service and the customer experience on his FB page. From blogs like CTS to major publications, Bill keeps his FB page topped off with some of the best articles around.
Also, side note: Bill has a book coming out.
The Month in Customer Service Blogging:
A collection of the best posts about customer service and the customer experience I read this past month.
- The One Thing Your Team Wants You to Stop Doing – Advice for management that applies to customer facing professionals too.
- Superior Customer Service: Remove the Threat of One Phrase – A great perspective on a common customer service phrase! Is “firing the customer” the best way to approach ending a relationship with a customer?
- Dealing With a Client With Dementia – While this post is about financial advice, it is relevant to interacting with all customers – you never know what challenges your customers are dealing with.
- Consumer’s Questions Have Become More Complicated – How Will You Prepare Your Representatives? – So often our issues cannot be resolved by visiting a company website or using a self-serve phone service.
- Suck It Up, Buttercup – This is a model for fantastic online customer service, and no, it’s not from Zappos or Amazon!
- Customer Experience Lessons From The Voice – Strong parallels between the popular talent show and managing a successful customer experience program.
- Consumer Storytelling on Facebook: An Untapped Branding Opportunity – A fascinating look at the power of long stories posted on a company’s Facebook page.
- Is Customer Service The New Marketing? – Businesses that invest the right resources in customer service will reap higher profits and keep their customers much longer.
- Stop Doing These 3 Things for a Customer-Centric 2013 — A great “stop doing” list for customer service.
- Should You Bother Using Social Media to Serve Customers? – No matter its size, companies should have a plan for responding to customers through social media.
Someone Was Listening
Sometimes the most popular post from the previous month; sometimes just the one I liked best.
Customer Experience Design: The Zappos Experience – Like everyone else, we’re impressed with Zappos for their returns process, quick and free shipping, and their overall approach to their customers. What we wanted to discuss in this post and Slideshare was how well they have designed the online experience and what an impact that has on their customer service.